Cleaning Laminate Furniture

Category Furniture
Cleaning laminate furniture is easy to do, by using the proper cleaners and methods, to prevent damage. This is a guide about cleaning laminate furniture.

How can I restore old "white" laminate furniture that has turned yellow?

Matt from Palm Beach, FL

Answers

There is a spray paint on the market, believe it's called Painter's Choice that is made specifically for plastics like laminate. Try this, repainting the original color or now's your chance to change the color. Yellowing is usually a result of age and probably cannot be bleached or removed withour harming the laminate. Give this paint a try.

Try cleaning it with a cleaner called Greased Lightening. You can find it at Walmart. I found that cleaner the best for any kind of surface. I used it on my yellowing lawn chair arms and it really whitened them up. Just spray it on and let it sit a little before wiping it off. The cleaner can be used on most anything. It is safe to use on clothing also for bad stains. It really works good on most anything.

Trying to clean what I thought was a grease stain on my laminate table, I think I may have removed the polish or sealant in one small area. The small area I was trying to clean is very shiny now, while the rest of the table looks to have a matte finish. Is there any way to repair the damage?

By H.

Answers

I have the same problem. How did you resolve the shiny spot?