Cleaning Old Glass That Was Buried?

How do I clean glass that has been buried in the ground? I found a pile of old stained glass that has been buried for idk how long. After cleaning the dirt off, there is still a film on it that I can't get off.

Heeeelp!!

Here is a link to different issues to different types of cleaning for glass and the deposits that form- www.antiquebottles-glass.com/cleaning.html

Soaking glass like this in a large pot of water and vinegar is a great way to clean the glass. I have also found that nail polish remover is a better way to get glass really clean. I first clean class with the vinegar and water solution and then I clean it again with pure nail polish remover to get off the rest of the gunk on the glass.

I always use alcohol (90% if available).
Small pieces - soak them in alcohol to cover - leave overnight and then use a scrubby to remove gunk.

Large pieces - lay on towel and lay a wet cloth with alcohol on top of gunk - keep cloth wet and let it soak overnight.

Always works for me so I hope it will for you also.

Try cheap denture cleaning tablets. They often work on that weird film. Let the pieces soak overnight. Follow the instructions on the pack. Usually it is one tablet per 2 cups of hot water. You will add the water to cover the piece and one tablet for every 2 cups of water or whatever proportion your tablets call for.

If this does not work, you may need a lime remover. Be very, very, very careful if you have to use the lime remover. Do it outside and follow the instructions exactly!

Home and Garden Cleaning GlassJune 24, 2020
🌻
🐛
😷
🎆
😎

GlassCleaning