Cleaning Rubber Spatulas

Many spatulas have a handle that can be removed. When cleaning it is a good idea to separate the pieces and thoroughly clean inside. Then allow to dry before reinserting the handle. This is a page about cleaning rubber spatulas.

If you have spatulas with removable tips, It's best to separate them from the handles before washing. When washing the spatulas, water can get in the handle slot and remain there for a long time. This makes a good breeding ground for germs.

I keep a very small squirt bottle by the sink. It is filled with household bleach. After I wash the handle and tip, I put a drop or two of bleach in the handle slot, wait a minute and rinse. Then I allow the pieces to air dry separately. I put the two/three pieces together before storing.

If you haven't separated your spatulas before, you may find some gunk in there.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 13, 2018
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Rubber-Spatulas.html