Cleaning Stainless Steel Sink With Baking Soda

Will baking soda mixed with vinegar scratch a stainless steel sink, if used for cleaning?

By Marion

I doubt it, I've used a huge lot of Ajax (with bleach) to clean mine and never had a problem. Test a small corner of the sink with the baking soda and vinegar to see, but I don't see it causing a problem.

I would use a non scratch pad that you can buy at any grocery store along with your mixture of baking soda and vinegar. I use the non scratch pads all the time for cleaning item that I don't want sratched.

Mix your baking soda with water. Mixing it with vinegar neutralizes it; it is just a waste. The point of a stainless steel sink is that is tough; you don`t have to worry about scratching them with normal household products.