Cleaning Up Spilled Beads

It can be a challenge to pick up small beads if they fall on the floor or carpet. This guide is about cleaning up spilled beads.

I don't know anyone who hasn't dropped beads on the floor (carpet) where they're working (in front of the TV). There are probably retail items one can use, but by necessity I quickly picked up a toothpick (or Q-tip) and put a small wad of Blu Tack on the end. Blu Tack can be bought at most stores and is used to attach posters, etc. to walls and then they can be removed - no mess. I just lean over and stab in the area and it picks them up and they stay on the stick until I remove them to my bead container. I am disabled and since I always have a box of long bamboo skewers in my craft box, I can use that instead of a toothpick. Or I can wrap tape backwards in a glob and it works too! I was told once that artists are problem solvers. Yep!