Cleaning Upholstery with Vinegar?

Category Furniture

Can you tell me if you can use vinegar to clean a couch? If so what is the mixture?

By Jean G.

I used vinegar to help dissipate the tobacco smoke on a really nice sofa that was given to us and we decided to give it away for lack of space and I can't turn things down. I just poured a cup of white vinegar into a gallon of water and used terrycloth to wipe it down. You could see the soil on the cloth after a few swipes. It does work, but do not saturate the upholstery and keep a fan on it to help dry quicker. Do it again several times until you are satisfied its clean. What helps is to rinse the cloth in plain water before redipping in the vinegar water to help keep the solution clear.

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJune 21, 2011
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Upholstery-with-Vinegar.html

FurnitureCleaning