Cleaning Yellowed Lace on a Dress

Often a gown or other clothing item that has been in storage for some time will be in good shape except for the lace trim. This is a page about cleaning yellowed lace on a dress.

I have an old communion dress. The only part of the dress that has turned yellow is a ruffle of lace on the top of the dress and one by the hem. How can I get that white again? I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

By Sally

Answers

I would try oxi-clean or hydrogen peroxide to see if you can lift out the yellow. It might be a good idea to consult with a reputable dry cleaner in your area to see if they have any advice.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 12, 2013
📓
🎂
🌻