Cleaning a Barbie Doll Silk Outfit

I purchased a Barbie doll outfit Satin Rose. It has some stains on the skirt and pants; I believe it is silk. Can I clean it with Oxiclean?
Thanks.

I would try dusting it with cornstarch or baby powder before washing it. Washing could leave a water stain.

Oxiclean is too strong for this. I don't think the outfit is silk, I think it is satin. Is it the a little skirt, jacket and blouse--deep pink?

If you are willing to brave water (I am not sure I would...depends on how dirty the item is), I would only use something like a drop or two of Delft (the detergent people use for baby clothes or maybe a drop of Woolite).

The old clothes are so delicate, I would be so afraid of damage.

There are lots of websites devoted to cleaning Barbie clothes. I found one that suggested Oxi (I disagree), most suggest other solutions:

www.ebay.com/.../g.html

Post back with a before and after!!

In a large bowl put cold water mixed with woolite extra delicate care.
Mix about a tbls of the soap in the water.
Dip a soft in the solution and blot it on the barbie outfit keep doing this only if it is taking out the stain.Allow to dry and repeat if necesssary.

Hopefully, your garment is nice and clean by now but if you are still looking for suggestions;

Try using clothes pins to hang the garment on a thin clothes hanger over a thick towel and spray the garment with a pet enzyme cleaner - let it drip onto the towel and leave for a while.
Check before it is dry to see if stains are gone - if not - try the same again.
I would spray the complete garment and let it drip.
This is an enzyme cleaner (pet odor remover/stain remover) and it works on a lot of stains but is not a harsh cleaner.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 9, 2019
🎂
🎃
🌻