BedroomsCleaning

Cleaning a Bedroom By Yourself

Sometimes, I like tackling a job by myself and the other day, I decided to clean the master bedroom. This is the dustiest room in the house. I guess it's from fanning the covers and the bed is where I fold clothes.

I need to dust the furniture weekly and try to move the furniture to remove the dust out from under it every 6 months, but time goes by so quickly, I forget until I realize it's bad and needs cleaning. It had been well over a year since we had moved the furniture.

I can do it by myself all except moving the bed. I have to have help with that.

It's an all day job and I do take breaks while doing it. After it's all done, I get the good feeling of accomplishment.

1. Music is a must when I'm cleaning. It helps to keep me calm and sets my mind at ease which makes getting in the cleaning mood easier.
  2. Shut the doors so you won't spread dust out of that room.
  3. Remove the curtains and blinds and wash them if needed.
  4. Use a clothes basket to clear items off of the furniture. Remove pictures from the walls. Dust everything as you move it. Lay them on the bed or out of the room. I put most of it on the bed and cover it all with a sheet to keep it and the bedspread from getting dusty because I'm going to stir up a lot of dust.
  5. Advertisement

6. Put on a dust mask and protective glasses if needed.
  7. Use a broom to sweep the ceiling. If popcorn ceiling, brush it lightly. If you have a smooth ceiling, you can use the swivel mop. Or if you have an electric leaf blower, you can blow the ceiling off. I have done that.
  8. Take a break and let the dust settle.
  9. Use a swivel mop to clean the dust off the walls. I use a micro fiber dust mop. It will glide right over the picture hooks on the wall.
  10. Use a damp paper towel to wipe the dust off of the ceiling fan blades. I remove a lot of dust from the blades if I don't dust them weekly. Clean the fan and the globes.
  11. Advertisement

12. Dust the furniture and then remove drawers from furniture to make it lighter.
  13. Dust the inside of the furniture where the drawers were.
  14. Put slides under the legs of the furniture and it will be easy to slide it across the carpet. I do each piece of furniture at the time; vacuuming the carpet, cleaning the wall, the back of the furniture, and the woodwork.
  15. The paint brush is great for removing dust from the corners of pictures frames, furniture, and woodwork.
  16. A step stool is handy for removing the blinds and curtains and also removing the dust off the top of the doors and door frames.
  17. Advertisement

18. I need help to move the bed. I keep slides under the headboard legs. Help is needed to put slides under the foot of the bed and pull the bed out for cleaning and push it back in place when I'm done.
  19. After the room is cleaned, wash the windows, hang your clean blinds and curtains, and dust the furniture again.
  20. Put all the items back in place and enjoy your clean room.

I'm going to guess you're a Virgo :-) :-) :-). Another tip is to check the air filters. I find I have to dust more when those are gunked up. (I think all apartments should have these too for residents but know they don't.)

Home and Garden Cleaning BedroomsAugust 28, 2019
🌻
🎂
🎃