Cleaning a Marble Sink

Can marble sinks be cleaned with baking soda?

Shelley from Clearwater, MN

Answers:

Cleaning a Marble Sink

Great info on the subject. Use a non abrasive cloth regularly and StonetechPro has great products you might consider.

Good Luck!

I would stay away from bar keepers friend. It will score a water based seal. (07/02/2007)

By Elliot K.

Cleaning a Marble Sink

I have a marble sink, vanity, tub and tub surround up to the ceiling. The product that I use is Gel-Gloss. It is a wax that cleans, seals and protects. Fiberglass & Marble manufacturers recommend it. The water pebbles off beautifully after a shower. It leaves a smooth sealed surface that resists water spotting and staining. Do not use on the bottom of the tub though as it would be slippery. It only needs to be done about every 6 months or as needed. If you use cream soaps, you may do the tub part more often. This also works on mirrors and shower doors. One of my must have products! The label says that you can use it confidently on acrylic, ceramic, chrome, stainless steel, porcelain and plastic laminate surfaces. It comes in a spray and also a liquid. I prefer the liquid. It is thicker and much longer lasting. I purchase mine at our local hardware stores. (11/16/2007)

By Joycer