Cleaning a Porcelain Sink

What is the best thing to clean a porcelain sink with?

Bill from New Jersey

Answers:

Cleaning a Porcelain Sink?

Scrub out sink as usual then fill to the very tip top with HOT (boil some in a pot if necessary) water and 1 cup of bleach. Let sit 1 hour, drain and rub dry with clean cloth =) If you have small children, you should do this when they are asleep or not at home for safety reasons. (01/05/2009)

By Nicki

Cleaning a Porcelain Sink?

Use baking soda, and then scrub it out. (01/07/2009)

By michaela

Cleaning a Porcelain Sink?

I use bleach on mine and it works beautifully. It takes out the stains and it looks like new, so I have to agree with Nicki with the use of bleach.
(01/08/2009)

By Kathy

Cleaning a Porcelain Sink?

I use Comet and a scouring pad. (01/08/2009)

By Ann

Cleaning a Porcelain Sink?

You can use Bar Keeper's Friend (I found it at Walmart), or you can use denture cleaning tablets. I do happen to wear dentures, so I have some on hand. I do keep an extra box of polident for smokers in my kitchen for cleaning stains in the sink, as well as cleaning out my coffee pot! (01/09/2009)

By Michael

Cleaning a Porcelain Sink?

I use Oxy-Clean (the stuff that guy "Billy" screams at you about on TV). Just sprinkle a little into the sink and rub it all over the sink down to the bottom. Leave a few minutes or hours even, and then rinse off. Sparkling clean! I use baking soda for all other cleaning. (01/09/2009)

By Linda

Cleaning a Porcelain Sink?

I mix equal parts of water, 70% alcohol and non-sudsy ammonia in a spray and clean everything with it. Smells clean when done. (01/12/2009)

By mklema92658