Cleaning a Textured Bottomed Tub

I have a textured bottom tub. Cleaning it was no use. It was still dingy. Until I cleaned up some spilled shampoo and there was a gleaming white spot! I use Pert, but any should do. Squirt some in the tub and wet a stiff brush and scrub lightly. It spreads and gets the crannies. Let it sit for a while. Rinse. It also leaves a pleasant smelling bathroom.

By Jen from NC

Answers:

Cleaning a Textured Bottomed Tub

I use cheap shampoo that I get on sale or hotel samples (the cheaper, the better!) to clean the bottom of tubs and showers. A squirt of shampoo and a bit of water with a brush does the job. Let the suds stand for a while before rinsing. Just be sure to rinse well so the surface won't be slippery when someone steps in. (05/05/2008)

By sassysimo

Cleaning a Textured Bottomed Tub

I use the Magic Erasers and they work so good. (05/05/2008)

By Tracy

Cleaning a Textured Bottomed Tub

I make natural skin and body care products for a living and am also working on a line of more natural cleaning products for home care. The following recipe is a concoction I came up with that works beautifully in a textured bath tub. We have 2 tubs in our home and the one utilized by our two teenagers is in constant need of TLC.

RECIPE

• 2 cups baking soda
  • 2 cups liquid soap (I use my own handmade hand soap)
  • 2 TBS white vinegar
  • 4 tsp Tea tree essential oil
  • 2 tsp peppermint essential oil

Mix all ingredients till smooth, pour into an empty clean plastic jar, eg; peanut butter, mayo, or similar. Use as you would "Soft Scrub" and with a scrubber brush or scourer, except no harsh fumes. It won't hurt your skin and will leave your entire bathroom smelling minty fresh.

Please Note: You may have to give the mix a shake before each use. It is also great for sinks, tile, toilet bowls, kitchen sinks, black marks on linoleum and tile floors. Phew! that was rather long-winded, but I hope helpful.
(02/26/2009)

By susanne