Cleaning Textured Appliances?

Category Appliances
The textured finish on your appliances may reduce the appearance of fingerprints, but it can present its own cleaning challenges. This is a page about cleaning textured appliances.

I hate those rough texture coats they put on refrigerators, they are hard to clean? Any suggestions would be great, plus I am a smoker so that doesn't help any.

Sue Ramsey From Washington,IN

Answers

By Annie-N. Calif. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I squirt ammonia and water on mine and use a rough towel to wipe it off. The smoke residue and grime just disappear. Frugal too!

By eresatay (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I use Dow scrubbing bubbles, Just spray til wet, wait a min. wipe. I also smoke, and this works for walls, everything.

I have a white textured fridge that is supposed to hide the dirt. Instead it shows every grease spot and hand print. Any suggestions of how to clean? I have tried so many things that don't really work.

HairyJoe from Port Clinton, OH

Answers

Best Answer

Mr Clean Magic Eraser. The sponge will clean in the grooves better than anything. This is a job that I let my 5 year old son help with when I am cleaning. They always want to help. There is not chemicals to spray just wet the sponge and wipe.

Best Answer

On mine I use a small brush; swish it around in hot soapy sink water (using dawn dish soap) lightly brush around on the fridge. VIOLA! Clean as a whistle. Wipe dry.

I have a white textured refrigerator and can get ice and water from it. I sprayed vinegar back behind the tray to remove mildew in the area where I get the ice and water and it ran down the front of the refrigerator.

Now I have brown streaks running down the front. I have tried Magic Eraser with no luck. Any suggestions?

Answers

Best Answer

How to clean the stain:

1. Make a paste with baking soda and water.
  2. Use an old toothbrush to apply the paste to the door.
  3. You will need to use this because the door is textured and you need to get it in the textured areas.
  4. Let it sit on the door for several minutes before cleaning.
  5. You can use a sponge and the toothbrush to clean this area.
  6. Rinse with water.
  7. Wipe dry.

I have a black textured fridge. What can I use to keep it from streaking? It shows every mark.

By Susan

Answers

Just use a soft cloth with some lemon oil on it. You'll be smiling when you see what it does for your fridge.

I use it all over my kitchen everyday. Buy it in the grocery stores or Hardware Stores.

Anonymous

This was a miracle!!

does it work on a non stainless steel black fridge,

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 26, 2013
🐛
📓
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Textured-Appliances-1.html