Cleaning an Area Rug

I have a rug that has been rolled up outside leaning up in my carport for a while. I want to give it a good cleaning to bring it inside. What's the best way to clean it before bringing inside?

I would unroll it in the carport and give it a good vacuuming and then use a carpet steamer to deep clean it. Good luck!

I have a friend whose husband picked up a large rug on the curb that someone threw out. He put it in the bed of his pickup, took it to a car wash, took it home and let it dry in his truck. He told me this after I asked my friend where she bought the new rug.

Anonymous

Bought a rug 8x10 with some stains and dirty that has been rolled up for some time. How can I clean it outdoors on driveway before using it indoors