Coffee Crunch Chocolate Cake Recipe
Coffee and chocolate are a perfect combination and are highlighted in this delicious cake recipe. It's perfect as a snack with coffee or as a decadant dessert.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I drink a lot of coffee, but on some days I get too busy and there's quite a bit left in my French press. The star of this delicious cake is actually leftover coffee from the day. The coffee is used with boxed cake mix in place of any milk. The coffee is also used to make the icing. It gives the chocolate cake a beautiful, deep, rich flavour. To top it off, the icing is encrusted with coffee bean bits. Scrumptious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
Total Time: 40-50 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (1 pound size)
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips (10 oz)
- 3 Tbsp strong black coffee
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp coffee beans, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish or pan. I used a 10x10 in. glass baking dish, greased and sprinkled with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, coffee, eggs and melted butter.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then on high speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake as directed by box mix for your particular pan(s), doing a toothpick test for assurance. Mine came out nicely at 45 minutes.
- While cake cools on a rack, place the chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons of coffee in a double boiler over low heat. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Add tablespoon of butter and mix well. Remove from heat.
- When cake is cool, spread with frosting.
- Sprinkle with crushed coffee beans and gently push into frosting. Serve with cream, and top with a couple coffee beans.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.