Collecting Back Child Support?

Category Child Support

My ex-husband was court ordered to pay child support. He left the area and never paid. He returned when the children were over the age of 18. I am asking now because one of my children, who has cystic fibrosis is very sick and I could use the money to help her. He is now drawing Social Security. We live in NC. I was told I had to have a garnishment order established. I don't have the money for a lawyer. Can you lead me?


By Ginny Q from Sanford, NC

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

March 10, 20150 found this helpful

Talk to your local Child Support Collection Office or whatever it is called where you live. The Department of Social Services should be able to direct you to the right place. Also I would think your daughter should be on Medicaid or something. Also if she has been on any type of Government Disability I would think they would have done a real good job of going after her father, even to the point of locating him.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 13, 20150 found this helpful

There are numerous web sites to help you get started.
Try one of these:


if you receive Medicaid you should try the same office for help.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


Business and Legal Legal Child SupportMarch 10, 2015
Pest Control
Coronavirus Tips
Summer Ideas!
Back to School Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-07-22 07:47:43 in 785 msecs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Child SupportLegal