Collecting Dryer Lint

Category Laundry
Dryer lint is a constant byproduct of doing laundry. Storing it in a container to discard later is helpful. Also, the lint can be collected and used for other purposes such as toy stuffing, in a variety of crafts, or for starting a fire when camping.

I use the large coffee containers as a trash can to collect lint from my dryer. It is large enough to collect a lot, and allows the lint to compress without breaking the container. The plastic does not scratch or make noise if the dryer vibrates, it has a sealing lid, and when it is full you can either dump the lint into the trash can, or use another coffee container.

It also doubles as a place to contain items which are pointy or sharp that would normally cut through a trash bag. (razors, tooth picks, used pencils and the like.) I do not normally purchase the large coffee size, so I use the coffee containers from church which are abundant. Also with the sealing lid I can mix coffee I prefer with the cheaper coffee. This keeps me from finding another container to place the coffee in.

By Redbeard from Tampa

I keep a Folger's coffee container on the clothes dryer to put lint in. When it gets full, I empty the lint into the trash.

To mark the opening at the top of the container, which just raises up, I cut a piece of tape and placed it at that point.

I like this container because it's easy to raise the lid and just drop the lint in.

It is also clear plastic which makes it easy to see when the container needs emptying.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 21, 2019
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-12 15:43:40 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️