Colorful Retro Inspired Foam Earrings
December 26, 2019
We needed some accessories for a Christmas presentation. Our theme is 60s and 70s so I was tasked to make large colorful earrings which was one of the most popular fashion accessories in past years.
- colorful thin foam sheets
- patterns/cookie cutters
- earring hooks
- Choose a pattern and press it against the foam to mark its shape in it. So I chose round since it's the easiest pattern.
- Cut out along the markings.
- Create a smaller shape in a different color of foam. Cut it out.
- Find a coin which is a little bit smaller than the 2nd circle foam. Fold the foam in half and press half of the coin into the center of the foam. Cut the circle out of the center of the foam shape.
- Find a smaller coin. And press it against the 1st foam circles in the same way. Cut out the center circles.
- Glue the 2nd foam ring over the first one.
- Punch a tiny hole at the top.
- Insert the earring hooks and you're good to go.
- Make more of different colors and shapes.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.