Coloring Store Bought Frosting

An easy way to color store bought frosting to customize it for your cake or cupcakes, is to use gel food color. This is a guide about coloring store bought frosting.

I'm trying to make cupcakes for my son's first birthday. It's nautical themed and I'd like the cupcakes to be red velvet with cream cheese frosting. I'm doing most of the cooking and baking by myself so I don't have much time to make a homemade cream cheese frosting so I bought a can of it. Now, my problem is, is how will I color the frosting with different shades of blue and how can I make sure it won't melt or get too soft. I want it to stay up and firm!

I'm making blue cupcakes and the red velvet. But all with the same frosting! The images attached are the products I bought!

Please help I'm making them Friday.

Answers

Best Answer

You need blue gel color, also called icing colors. Different amounts will provide different shades.