AlterationsClothing

Converting Hospital Scrubs into Clothing

Category Alterations

I was given 4 tubs of hospital scrubs to recycle into articles of clothing to be send to the villages in Africa (the mission field). Anyone have ideas or patterns I can use?

By Brenda

Can't they be sent as is? I'm sure the tops can be used as is and if you want to convert the pants to skirts, there is a way, but I have never tried it. Google how to convert old jeans to a skirt.

Re: The pants. I used to convert DH's wide leg pants from the 50s and 60s into lovely A-line skirts. Cut the legs off as close to the crotch as you can, open the inseam with a seam ripper, then lay it out flat and sew the 2 pieces together. Turn it upside down, thereby creating the A-line. Sew a pocket for waistline elastic and hem it. It will go great with a tunic or pullover sweater.

The top can be trimmed with lace or rickrack, or any other trim you like.