Cooking Advice for Feeding Picky Husbands

Sometimes, our spouses are more particular than we are in regards to flavors and new ingredients. It can be a challenge when planning healthy and inexpensive dinners. This guide contains cooking advice for picky husbands.

I have a pal, whose husband thinks her Mom is the best cook! She uses a lot of her Mom's recipes in her meal preparations. One day, while she was preparing potato salad, by her Mom's recipe, her hubby caught her putting pickle juice in it. While he likes pickles, he hates pickle juice (?). He got all upset for her doing this. She had to call her Mom to get her hubby calmed down. Her words of advice are to prepare dishes when your hubby isn't around, for 'just in case' you use something in it, that he doesn't like, he doesn't see it. She said if he likes your cooking and eats it every meal, be glad!

That's funny!
A prime example of "what they don't know,
won't hurt them."

LOL,
My husband does not like cream cheese, if he only knew how many dips, and desserts I have put it in!!

By Doggy (Guest Post)

ROFLL! This is so true. My Hub thinks he hates stew.

He's been eating it for years with a splash of bar-B-Q sauce (from a jar) and loving it.

Hubbys sure can have their funny ways, huh? Well I am lucky because my husband is a very good eater and there are very few things he doesn't like and perhaps nothing that he hates. He is not a sweets eater at all so I've never been much of a dessert maker. Now that we have kids I really should learn to make baked goods. He doesn't drink milk and isn't real keen on cornbread but that's about it and anything else he's happy with. He cares more about quantity than quality so the simplest of meals are fine with him. He can really put the food away yet he stays quite thin....unlike me :-(

Perhaps for the picky husband, it's best to use the same approach Moms do with kids and that is to disguise things or just put it in and keep quiet!