Cooking Onions

Category Vegetables
There are a variety of ways to cook onions for your dish. This page is about cooking onions.

I figured this out one day when I was heating up a can of my husband's favorite brand name baked beans. If I just add a diced onion to the beans, the beans are heated through before the onion is cooked.

So now I dice an onion, any size, and put it in a microwave container, add a little water (about a tablespoon, depending on the size of the onion), and microwave on high for a few minutes, or until the onion is softened. Then add to your dish, or add the other ingredients to the microwaved onion, and continue microwaving to heat through.

By Carol Rodriguez from South Bend, IN

Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesNovember 25, 2012
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cooking-Onions.html