Couch Cushions for Dog Beds

I have 6 dogs and 2 require replacing their beds as they have an air conditioned part of my carport and go outside on their own. I simply find old couches that are put out for the trash and if they are clean and don't have wool covers I pick them up and voila!, new beds.

By gbk from GA

Sorry to break your bubble but I tried a sofa cushion and my dog refused to sleep on it. Plus what do you do if there is an "oops?" Removing urine, vomit, etc. from foam isn't easy & after a while it will start to stink I know I've been there & back.

I think you're inviting trouble into your house by dragging in these couch cushions. Bed bugs are now at an all time high not to mention cockroaches and other pests. Sometimes being too frugal will cost you more $ in the long run.

The cost of an exterminator isn't cheap. Better to buy one twin size mattress and a plastic zippered mattress cover that can easily be washed making cleanup a breeze and no more used couch cushions.

Apparently you folks don't believe in insecticides, but I do and as for the oops I throw it away and replace it with another. No you don't get roaches that way. In fact you just take a look at the residence and you'll know whether to stay away from them or not. I also live in a small rural county and know most of the people and homes. But the bottom line was it was just a stupid suggestion and just as good as the baby mattress that's my opinion.