Count Cash Before Inserting into ATM

A couple years ago, I encountered a malfunction at an ATM machine. This was when depositing without an envelope slip or punching in the amount you were going to deposit was just discontinued.

I deposited $40 into the ATM machine and for some reason, the screen was stuck. Just my luck because it was a holiday and the branch was closed so I couldn't get any help plus credit unions do not have a customer service line after a certain time. I hung out for about 20 minutes, until a screen pop up saying Cash Deposits are temporarily unavailable. I was refunded $20 of my $40. I immediately snapped a photo of the error as proof and went into the branch. They had me fill out a form regarding the incident, time, and how much money I was missing, so if they have a form for this matter - I am sure I am not the only one who experienced this. Had I not counted my money prior to inputting the machine, I would not have known!

Take a second to count how much money you are inputting into the bank, after all technology/electronics make mistakes too.

Source: Personal Experience

Very good warning! I never thought of the deposit not working. Everyone's just worried that they get the right amount back.

Yes! Usually we don't think there will be any errors but it can happen. I'm glad my experience was helpful.