Cash Machine Tips and Tricks

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

A person using an ATM at a bank.When you are at your bank's ATM, make sure you finish your transaction. I have pulled up to my bank's ATM, twice in the last month, and found that each person did not finish his/her transaction. The screen I saw said, "Do you want another transaction?" If I had been a thief, which I am not, I could have selected "Yes" and cleaned both accounts out. So, make sure that after you are through and get your cash, finish that transaction; make sure you see that beginning screen before you drive off. That person behind you may be hoping that you don't.

4 More Solutions

I prefer using a drive up ATM machine because I have a car full of kids and I feel safer. Even though I'm in a car, I can never be too safe. I keep my doors locked. If there is a car in front of me and I am waiting, I also keep my windows up.

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts

A couple years ago, I encountered a malfunction at an ATM machine. This was when depositing without an envelope slip or punching in the amount you were going to deposit was just discontinued.

Count Cash Before Inserting into ATM - photo of an ATM

Carry some extra ATM envelopes in your glove box. If you need to make a deposit via the ATM (checks only, never cash!) you can fill out the envelope before you even get out of your car.

Limit your risk of being robbed by avoiding ATM or cash machines at night. If you have to use an ATM at night, find one in a well lit, well traveled area.

People walking away from an ATM are particularly vulnerable because criminals know that they have cash.

Better Living Safety PersonalJune 3, 2013
😎
🌻
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cash-Machine-Tips-and-Tricks.html