We used to have these when we camped in the summer time. This recipe tells how to bake them in the oven, but we used to heat them over an open fire. Just mix and heat through. Yummy with hot dogs or burgers from the grill.
- 1/2 lb. hamburger
- 1/2 lb. bacon, browned and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (regular size) can pork and beans
- 1 (regular size) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (regular size) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (regular size) can butter beans, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
Mix first 7 ingredients together and then add the rest of the ingredients. Put in bean pot and bake in 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!