Craft Uses for Costume Jewelry

Category Miscellaneous
Old costume jewelry is a perfect crafting item and can be use in making and embellishing many craft projects. This is a page about craft uses for costume jewelry.

The other day, I was going through a box of small keepsakes when I realized I've never worn a single pin I've ever been given. (Oops.) My favorite one is my grandmother's old butterfly pin that's too fragile to wear. Then I had a duh moment when I remembered I had no ornaments for my mini tree.

Use Costume Jewelry as Mini Ornaments - closeup of an angel pin ornament

The fashion now in jewelry is to have multiple charms on a pendant. So, I used a stray silver earring with what looks like a turquoise head to bend the wire and put on a tiny silver medal that I had been given. Then I added it on the chain I had with another stray medallion, making a loop out of part of a paper clip! Then I attached all this to a silver-colored chain necklace I had, which had a silver-colored heart on it. Now I have a trendy, updated piece to wear. Cost= NADA!

By pam munro from Los Angeles, CA

As I went through my boxes (I'm a pack rat), I stumbled upon some of my old costume jewelry. Unfortunately, maybe fortunately, I found stud earrings with one missing.

I am storing these "gems" in one of my hubby's old medicine bottles for embellishments to decorate greeting cards, altered books, etc. Once I push it in place I bend the end back, and cover it with tape or stickers.

By MotherShip from Chino Valley, AZ

I am looking to make ornaments from costume jewelry and want to use deco wire for some glam effect. What gauge will bend easily and still retain shape? I don't want to buy a bunch of wire I won't use because it won't hold up in storage, and it will need to be thin enough to sandwich between the jewelry pieces.

Dede from Macon, MO

Answers

Best Answer

You would no doubt need the small stuff they bind flowers with. Your local craft shop can tell you, or Google jewelry wire and see what they think.

You can also E-6000 the mismatched pieces to photo and mirror frames for a wonderful effect!

If you make some, take some nice photos and share!

Perhaps you have seen one of these at a craft show, but it was too costly. You can make your own Christmas tree wall hanging, using your old costume jewelry or pieces from yard sales and thrifty stores. This is a page about making a costume jewelry Christmas tree.

Making a Costume Jewelry Christmas Tree

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 4
Crafts MiscellaneousApril 21, 2013
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-13 14:54:06 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️