Craft Uses for Plastic Foam Curlers

Category Other
It is sometimes amazing the creative ideas that crafters come up with when working with recycled or repurposed items. Even old foam hair rollers may find a new life. This is a guide about craft uses for plastic foam curlers.

I have several old plastic curlers (the kind that have the foam rollers) and would appreciate any ideas using them for crafts. Since I enjoy miniatures, I'm especially interested in reusing them that way, but any suggestions welcome. Thanks so much.

Answers

Best Answer

You could make little people with them. Glue on a pompom for a head, and use pipe cleaners for the limbs.

This is an interesting question and I feel sure there are a lot of these still around (even new ones) and there are two different styles.

• There is a long foam covered style and the most popular style was/is the 2" foam with a plastic snap to close and hold the hair.
  • Our senior craft center has used these similar to Judy's suggestion by using Popsicle sticks and gluing a plastic flower on one end to add a decoration to a pot plant. Very easy to do and just stick one end in the soil and add instant color. Some even use paper flowers.
  • Ad

• I had a lot of these and since I am a garden person, I used them with wire or pipe cleaners to tie up small plants that need staking. This protected the stems from being cut until they needed something more substantial.

I really like Judy's suggestion and I'm sure the seniors will enjoy making these "little people".

This will give you some ideas. www.google.com/search?q=repurposing+foam+curlers...