Making Craft Foam Purses

Craft foam can be used in many kid's craft projects and in making crafts as gifts for children. This is a guide about making craft foam purses.

These little purses are made from craft foam. You could make other shapes than the ones I used. A fun summer craft idea to make for the girls.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

Instructions:

For the Watermelon Purse:

Cut 2 pieces of your foam in the shape of watermelons as in picture. Cut the strip that goes in the middle to attach the two sides. It should be wide enough so the purse can hold some items and long enough to span the crescent of the watermelon. Cut the handles to desired length.

Use a hole punch to make holes for the ribbon to hold the sides and middle together. Punch the holes in the watermelon side first around the crescent, then punch the same amount of holes in the gusset.

Assemble with ribbon or jute or whatever you want to use. Embellish the way you want to, I put a red shape for the watermelon flesh with black dots. Hot glue these on each side.

For the Princess Purse

Take one piece of foam and trace a crown pattern onto foam in one continuous pattern. When you are done you will have one piece of foam, cut out. Then cut 2 more pieces of foam for sides as in picture. Put the pieces together like the watermelon purse with ribbon and hole punch. Put your ribbon on for handle, then embellish.

By Sandy from Bluff City, TN

The purses are absolutely adorable! I plan on making several for my Grandaughter.

Sandy I have watched you post several of your wonderful crafts over time and I have to say this one is by far one of the cutest !! thank you for sharing all of your wonderful ideas with us.