Craft Ideas Using Craft Foam

Category Miscellaneous
A flexible, easy to work material that can be used to create a variety of things. This guide contains craft ideas using craft foam.

Party favors can be expensive. Personalize handmade party favors using foam craft cut out shapes and letters and include the theme using the pictures cut from wrapping paper, Valentines, cards, etc. For my granddaughter's birthday, I cut bookmarks and heart-shaped magnets and used Valentines, which were purchased after they were marked down, to add the Tinkerbell, which was the theme of her party.

By Sharon from Ravenna, KY

This is a guide about making foam fusion jewelry. Craft foam is a good choice for using in a kids' jewelry making craft.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making craft foam purses. Craft foam can be used in many kid's craft projects and in making crafts as gifts for children.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for creative ideas made from Foamies material like frogs, cd, etc.

Answers

Well you might look at craft sites, like oriental trading or S & S, and get ideas of things to make out of foam, like wreaths for the seasons, tic tac toe games and such. Also just google 'craft foam crafts' and see what websites turn up. That's what i'd do. And by all means, use your imagination for used CDs, like coasters, a banner with them linked together with happy birthday, one letter per disk, or the name of a child. Do a google search for free craft sites like familyfun etc and you will find lots of things to make.

I have seen crafty people make "hanging" items with old CD's and the FunFoam. The ones I have seen are made from very simple pictures found in a very young child's coloring book. For instance a red bird, cut from red funfoam, cut two, one for each side, glue them to the CD. Then cut one set of wings,(with a long rectangular piece between the wings) that are placed in the "hole" of the cd. Use fishing line as a hanger. The ones I have seen are frogs, crabs, fish, cat faces, kangaroos, all sorts of birds, sunflowers, butterflies, ladybugs, and things that are for particular holidays. Hope this is what you were talking about.

I am looking for directions for a Halloween wall or door decoration that used craft foam. It was three different sized "candy corn" triangles made with strips going across of white, orange, and yellow craft foam just like real candy corn. Each candy corn had a face with a black craft foam smiling mouth and black and white jiggly eyes from a craft store. Also, each of the three candy corn faces was a different size, like 5-inches, 7-inches, and 9-inches, approximately.

Each candy corn face was attached to jute rope, each with a different length, and then the bunch of three were tied together in a bow at the top with the jute rope and then hung on a door or a wall. This decoration appeared to be an adult craft project, not a childs, but it looked fairly easy to make and it was very cute!

I have never worked with craft foam before, and I don't know if the foam needs to be mounted on something rigid, like cardboard, etc. If you know how to make this decoration or have ever seen one, please help! Thank you!

Tori

Answers

Go to OrientalTrading.com and put in candy corn in the search and this craft will come up. It can be purchased precut, all you do is glue. I love this site for cheap, fun crafts.

Good luck

Thanks a bunch, Traci, for the answer to my post. I checked out orientaltrading.com, and that is exactly the craft I was describing. Thanks again!

Tori