Crafty Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkins
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
I was looking through ideas everywhere looking for something new and different to craft for my Fall Festival! Well, ta da, I found toilet paper pumpkins. These are sassy and chic, plus easy and fun to make. Just wait and see how easy they really are!
- 1 roll of toilet paper per pumpkin - use a large roll of TP for making large pumpkins and for medium or smaller ones use a thinner inexpensive roll of TP
- 1 20' x 20' inch square of decorative fabric per pumpkin
- measuring tool
- I got the stem & twigs from outside in the woods to decorate the top
- green ribbon cut into a leaf shape
- 1 a pkg. of cornstalks
Its great. No glue, no pins, nothing else needed!!
- Open the roll of tissue, hold and unravel about 12 times. Then very gently, start loosely and rewrap the roll by fluffing the paper as you wrap and turn the roll evenly. You will end up with a fluffy roll of paper.
- Before that, you can have your fabric all cut and ready.
- Sit the roll in the center of the 20 x 20 fabric on the back side.
- Start by taking a corner and pinch pleat together about 4-5 small pleats, pinch together and push into the center of the roll tightly. It stays very secure. Continue doing this to all four corners.
- When you are done, you have a beautiful pleated fabric pumpkin!
- Take a thick piece of a branch to use for a stem. Cut about a 6 inch long piece of green ribbon and tie together the stem, a few thin twigs, and a small bunch of corn stalks. Tie the ribbon in a tight knot and push it a 1/4" into the pumpkin.
- These look beautiful as a trio in coordinating colors. You can stand them in a way that they will be staggered by height. It looks elegant. Enjoy. I would love to hear from you if you make these!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.