Cranberry Brie Walnut Cups
This recipe is my effort in getting rid of the last of all the cranberry sauce that piled up in my house from all the holiday and new year dinners. These caramelized cups are so easy to make and taste absolutely elegant. When the brie and walnuts heat up together, they make a soft center with a delicious crispy topping you will go crazy for. Give this a try!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 24 servings
- 1 lb ready-made dough (I used Rhodes Bake-N-Serv)
- 4 ounces brie cheese
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Flour surface and rolling pin, then roll out the dough.
- Cut dough into quarters, then roll out again quite thin.
- Use a cutter or drinking glass to cut circles into the dough a bit larger than the muffin tin rounds, or shape by hand.
- Lightly grease the muffin tin, then press the dough circles into the moulds and up the edges, like mini pies.
- Bake the dough cups in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Drop a small chunk of brie into the center of each dough cup.
- Spoon about 2/3 of a tablespoon of cranberry sauce over each chunk of brie.
- Top with chopped walnuts.
- Return to hot oven and bake for another 20 minutes, until browned and cheese on top crisps up.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!