Cranberry Orange Mustard Chicken
Vote for this contest contender!
I love this chicken dish because it's so easy to make, yet it bursts with contrasting flavours. The tang from the mustard is nicely rounded off by the sweetness of the dried cranberries and orange. The soft chicken tenderloins soak up all the flavours nicely.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- flour for dredging
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Place chicken pieces in a container with orange juice, orange zest, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Toss chicken pieces with flour. Shake off excess. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for a couple minutes, turn and cook until both sides are golden brown and cooked through. You may have to cook in two batches, as not to overcrowd the pan.
- Place cooked chicken in a platter and keep warm. Add chicken broth and mustard to the pan, scraping up bits from the bottom.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir into chicken stock and mustard.
- Add dried cranberries and cook, stirring frequently, for a couple minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!