- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled apple
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened (3oz.)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salad dressing - (like Miracle Whip)
- 1 tsp. celery seed
Combine gelatin, sugar and 3/4 cup cranberry juice in large saucepan. Cook over low heat until gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice and remaining 1 cup cranberry juice. Chill until partially set. Add apple and celery. Cut cream cheese into 1/2 inch cubes and shape into balls. Roll in pecans. Fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into 3 cup mold. Chill until firm. Unmold on serving platter lined with salad greens. Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl. Chill until serving time. Serve over gelatin mold.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article