Cranberry Salsa

Category Salsa
Enjoy this fruity, sweet, spicy variation on the traditional tomato or tomatillo based salsas. This is a guide about cranberry salsa.

I admit I used to only serve cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner because of the bright colour to add a little umph to the plate. Now that I make cranberry salsa, it's all about the amazing sweet, salty, spicy flavour! I get asked for this recipe ALL the time. I hope you enjoy it, too!

Total Time: 25 minutes

• 1 pkg (12 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 apple
  • 2 limes
  • 2 Tbsp water
  • 3 green onions
  • 1 jalapeno pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • salt and sugar to taste

1. Empty your cranberries into a saucepan. Transfer 1/2 a cup of them to a bowl.
  2. Peel off a couple strips of zest from one of the limes, drop in with cranberries. Add the sugar and water to the pan and cook over low heat. Stir occasionally, cooking for about 10 minutes until the sugar melts and the cranberries are soft. Increase the heat to medium and let the cranberries burst. This takes about 5 minutes.
  3. While that's cooking down, peel and chop the 1/2 apple and coarsely chop reserved cranberries. Reduce heat to low and add to the pot. Stir for 2 minutes.
  4. Turn off heat and add lime juice. Chop your jalapeno and green onions, add to pot. Season with salt and sugar to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  5. Before serving, add chopped cilantro and mix well. Enjoy!
  6. Ad

It does sound so very good. What would you use it with? Not meaning turkey, but like chips or some type of snack? Thanks in advance.

I guess I am a year late to respond, but it's meant for use with Thanksgiving dinner. I personally love it with the turkey and all the sides :) It is very versatile. Away from Thanksgiving, you can use it with any poultry.