SaucesRecipes

Creamy Mediterranean Garlic Sauce

Vote for this contest contender!

There is a popular Mediterranean restaurant in Los Angeles that serves an amazing creamy garlic sauce. They call it their secret sauce, probably because they make the bulk of their money through people ordering tons of extra portions of it. And it does not come cheap! This is my almost-identical version of it. I get requests to make it more than you can imagine. If you're a garlic lover, you will have to try this recipe. It goes great with meats, breads, roasted veggies, sandwiches, pasta salads - anything! Enjoy!

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 6-8 servings

1. Place potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and with water.
  2. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked and soft. A fork will easily slide into the potatoes when done.
  3. Drain the potatoes and use and immersion blender or food processor to mash the potatoes.
  4. Ad

5. Add the cloves of garlic and mash them until smooth, as well.
  6. Add fresh lemon juice and salt.
  7. Ad

8. While blending, stream in the oil. Puree until smooth. Consistency should be thick and will stand up on its own.

I have been making something similar for a long time but never with potatoes (some recipes say never use potatoes or mayonnaise) so I am curious as to why you like this recipe better.

I do plan to try yours soon - just curious about the potatoes.

I have tried mayonnaise and yogurt based recipes for garlic sauce and they always crust over or congeal funny when I store it in the fridge. The taste also changes a bit due to the ingredients. With a bit of mashed potato (by the way, you can use instant potato flakes and it works great, too) the consistency and flavour stays the same. I use it often enough that I really need it to stay put in the fridge as long as possible. Let me know how it goes!

I made this but roasted the garlic. It changes the flavour, and makes it easy to blend into sauce.

That sounds awesome! I will try it your way!