Creamy Mediterranean Garlic Sauce
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 8, 2017
There is a popular Mediterranean restaurant in Los Angeles that serves an amazing creamy garlic sauce. They call it their secret sauce, probably because they make the bulk of their money through people ordering tons of extra portions of it. And it does not come cheap! This is my almost-identical version of it. I get requests to make it more than you can imagine. If you're a garlic lover, you will have to try this recipe. It goes great with meats, breads, roasted veggies, sandwiches, pasta salads - anything! Enjoy!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and diced
- 6-8 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Place potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and with water.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked and soft. A fork will easily slide into the potatoes when done.
- Drain the potatoes and use and immersion blender or food processor to mash the potatoes.
- Add the cloves of garlic and mash them until smooth, as well.
- Add fresh lemon juice and salt.
- While blending, stream in the oil. Puree until smooth. Consistency should be thick and will stand up on its own.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.