Creating Storage in a Small Bedroom

I'm 19. I have a small room with no closet. My boyfriend does stay with me, but we need more storage space. All I have is a full size bed, a night stand with 1 drawer, a tall 3 drawer dresser which has all my clothes in it, a mini fridge for drinks and snacks, and a high shelf that we keep our collectable items on. We need more clothing space for both of us and more shelving space for hygiene, jewelry, pens, notebooks, etc. Any ideas please?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Thrift stores, garage sales, Craig's List, etc., have great furniture-cabinets, shelves and other storage ideas for very little. Shelves are what you probably need most. Also, there are fabric closets you can buy that simply set up in your room for hanging and folded clothes. Try IKEA, Walmart, Target, etc.

I've seen some folks use cinder blocks between boards to make floor to ceiling walls of space and use those plastic boxes to place stuff inside to sit on those shelves (and under the bed).

If there is any way to hang shelves from the ceiling (rope on both ends through the boards) OR even to HANG clothes on hangers (similar to a swing idea with a rod horizontally at the bottom and holes for rope to go through the rod at both ends..like a trapeze design) you can add some space.
Good Luck!

All good ideas. Also, can you buy or build a bed that is raised? You might find plans easy enough here. Good luck!!

https://www.goo … sed+sleeping+bed

Walmart sells bed risers fairly cheap. You put one under each leg of the bed to rise it. Then, you have storage place under the bed. You can cut plywood to 36 by 36 squares, put caster wheels on each corner, and add a rope hanger. It stores under your bed with items on it. When you need it, pull the rope hanger and pull it out. Push it back when done using it.

Get bed risers and get under the bed storage drawers on wheels that slide out. If you have no sink vanity, attach fabric to the sink with double-sided tape. This will give you some space to store things.