Crispy Buckwheat Waffles

Being part Japanese, I grew up consuming a lot of buckwheat in both noodle and tea form. Eventually, I started getting tired of buckwheat everything, until I realized I felt better with less gluten in my life. The problem with going gluten-free is sometimes the food is taste-free! Enter my crispy buckwheat waffles. They have a touch of almond flour that really helps round them off. Whether you're gluten-free or not, I think you'll love these.

If you'd like these to be vegan, as well, swap the butter out for an oil or a vegan butter.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

1. Whisk the the buckwheat flour, almond flour, and baking powder together in a bowl.
  2. Whisk eggs, then add sugar, milk and butter.
  3. Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Don't over mix. Let this sit for 5 to 10 minutes while you up your waffle iron.
  4. Lightly grease the waffle iron and pour in batter. Cook until crispy on the outside. Serve with your favourite syrup. I enjoy mine with honey, fruit, and jam!

Thank you! I love buckwheat and have wanted to find a good recipe for waffles and pancakes. Thanks for sharing.

You're so welcome, Annie! Enjoy! :)

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastOctober 15, 2017
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crispy-Buckwheat-Waffles.html