Crispy Carrot Tops
Don't waste or compost those carrot tops. You can quickly and easily make them into a delicious crispy topping for other dishes. This page contains carrot tops recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you buy bunched carrots or if you grow your own don't throw out the fresh green leaves. They can be used to make a tasty crunchy topping or for adding to soup or casseroles.
Total Time: half an hour
- 1 bunch of carrot tops
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4-5 twists pepper
- herbs and spices to taste
- 1 good glug of olive oil
- Cut the top feathery parts of the leaves off the tougher lower stalks and discard stalks. Wash the leaves well and drain.
- Chop the leaves as finely as you can. You can also use these in soups and casseroles for extra nutrition and flavour.
- Stir fry the chopped leaves with olive oil over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and leave without stirring to cook until the leaves darken and turn crispy. Keep your eye on them to make sure they don't burn.
- Use to top vegetables (like the carrots they came off of!) and salads.
- Keep any unused crispy carrot tops in the fridge for up to a week.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.