Crispy Cheese Tortillas
These cheese tacos were something my mom use to make. I've been making them now and then for years, and everyone always enjoys them. They're easy to make, and really yummy.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: until cheese is melted
Total Time: 15 min
- 2-3 or as many corn tortillas
- 1-? or as much grated cheddar cheese
- 1-3 depending on how many you make tomatoes
- 1-3 Tbsp oil or crisco
- Heat your pan with a tablespoon of oil or Crisco. Place a tortilla in pan.
- Flip the tortilla over when it puffs up.
- Then add one handful of grated cheese. Fry until the tortilla is browned on one side, then flip it over, and brown the other side.
- The cheese will melt and ooze out the sides, which is the added yummy crisp cheese that tastes so good. Add another tortilla and do the same thing, add cheese, and flip when the sides are browned.
- Use your spatula to open up the cheesy crisp tortillas - just slide it in between the tortilla.
- Then cut up the tomato halves and put on some salt and pepper on each one.
- Stuff your cheesy tacos with the tomatoes, and add hot sauce if you like.
They're great for lunch or dinner, and they're quick and scrumptious.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.