Crispy Loaded Potato Patties
This is a fantastic way to make use of your leftover mashed potatoes. I used skin-on mash because it tastes more like a loaded baked potato, and it also has extra fiber! These patties are creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside. It's a great way to turn something old into something fantastically new!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 egg whites (or 1 egg)*
- up to 1 Tbsp flour (optional)
- sour cream for serving
- chopped green onion for serving
- shredded cheese for serving
*I used 3 egg whites so they'd be lighter and crispier, but you can swap this for 1 whole egg.
- Cook the bacon strips until crispy. Set aside. Keep the rendered fat to cook the patties in.
- In a large bowl, mix together the leftover mashed potatoes, shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg whites.
- Depending on how creamy your leftover mash is, you might want to add a bit of flour. You want to be able to make patties without them falling apart. Add as much flour as needed.
- Shape into small patties and heat up the pan to medium heat.
- Add patties to the pan and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp.
- Crumble the crisp bacon strip. Place patties on a platter and top with sour cream, cheese, bacon bits and green onions.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.