Crispy Peanut Butter Bars

contest winner icon
This recipe is supposed to taste like Butterfinger candy bars. It's very close but a little softer than the candy. They are delicious. Everyone loved them. There are only 4 ingredients to this candy. Super quick and easy!

Total Time: 20 minutes or so.

Yield: I cut mine into 16 pieces. Some broke, so there were 20 or so.

Source: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/

I used Trader Joe's salted, creamy peanut butter. But, I'm sure you could use any kind.

1. Line a 9 x 9 inch dish with wax paper.
  2. Add candy corn to a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix.
  3. Add to microwave for 15 seconds. Stir. Heat another 15 seconds, then stir.
  4. Do this until the mixture is completely melted. (It took me about 5 times to get it all melted)
  5. Add your peanut butter. The original recipe says to stir it in. I was having a hard time stirring the mixture. So, I brought out my trusty hand mixer and mixed it that way.
  6. Pour mixture into your pan and spread it into an even layer. Let cool completely at room temperature or in the fridge. It took a couple of hours.
  7. Take the candy out of the pan by lifting up the wax paper. Cut into squares. It's pretty flaky and breaks easily.
  8. Melt your chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave (in 20 second intervals, stirring each time) or over a double boiler.
  9. Once melted, dip your candy in the chocolate and coat. Set on wax paper to harden.
  10. If you keep these in the refrigerator or freezer, they are flakier and more like a Butterfinger. Enjoy!
  11. Ad

This looks fantastic!!

Amazing! Yum!