A great salty and sweet treat.
- 1 package peanut butter cookie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple-flavored syrup
- 1 egg
- 10 slices bacon, crisply cooked, and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cookie mix, oil, maple syrup, and egg until a soft dough forms.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the bacon for garnish.
- Stir the remaining bacon and the peanuts into the dough and then press the dough evenly into the greased pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top, and return it to the oven for 1 minute.
- Remove it from the oven and immediately spread the chocolate out over the top and then sprinkle the 1/4 cup of bacon over the melted chocolate.
- Cool completely or until chocolate is set, and then cut into squares of your desired size.
- Keep any leftover bars in the refrigerator.
By Teresa L S. from Campbellsville, KY