Crispy Stuffed Mushrooms
Using crushed saltine crackers in the mix of your stuffed mushrooms makes for a lovely crispy bite. You can use any types of veggies to stuff your mushrooms with. I used baby potatoes and sun dried tomatoes, along with the stems of the mushrooms themselves.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 15 mushrooms
- 1/2 cup minced potato
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 8 saltine crackers, crushed into small and large pieces
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Remove mushroom stems and hollow out the middles using a small knife. Chop the mushroom stems and middles into tiny pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together the mushroom pieces, potato, garlic, and crushed crackers.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, potato, garlic, and crackers. Here, you can add some salt and pepper. You can also add things like Italian seasoning or curry powder, depending on the flavours you like.
- When everything is browned after a few minutes of cooking, turn off heat. Remove some of the bigger pieces of crushed crackers and set aside for topping. Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Place hollowed mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Spoon stuffing into the cavities.
- Top with some Parmesan cheese and the big pieces of crisped cracker you set aside. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.