IdeasCrochet

Crochet Snowflake from Recycled Skirt

I love anything repurposed so this is what I came up with today. Strips of a plaid skirt crocheted with a tiny snowflake pattern comes out big and bright!

Total Time: 1.5 Hours

Yield: 1

Source: The pattern was on Google. It was tiny, but now is big.

1. With the strips glued together, cast on and chain 3. Make another 11 single crochets in the first chain (make this a little bigger than normal). Join and chain 3
  2. Make a double crochet in the next stitch. Chain 3 and repeat this another 5 times. Join and chain 1.
  3. Make 2 singles in the chain 3. Chain 5 and make another 2 singles in the same chain 3. Repeat this another 5 times. Join and cut off a 2" tail, working into the back.
  4. Ad

5. I found the chain five to be less pointy than I wanted so I cut 6 pieces of the thread about 3" each and used them to tie the chain fives at the base. You can see this better on the last shot.
  6. I took a coordinating color button and made it look like the golden thread was sewn in the holes. I just threaded them through doubled and did that twice in each direction, gluing it down in the back.
  7. Ad

8. With the hem of the skirt, I made a loop for hanging it. N-JOY!!

This came out about 8" wide so while it's a bit big for an ornament on a tree you could hot glue it to some wire and make it a tree topper!