Crocheted Exfoliating Soap Sack

This soap bag is crocheted using thin cotton butcher's twine, which is fantastic for durability in hot water, and is also great for exfoliation. This bag comes in handy for collecting all your small chips of soap. It has a crocheted chain handle so you can hang it anywhere in the shower, too. I'm not well versed in crochet terminology (I've always just learned by watching my mum or YouTube videos) so if any pros want to add proper terms, feel free!

I've added a link to a video that shows the beginning slip knot and basic chain stitch for this bag. Think of this bag as a rectangular beanie hat. It's all one piece going around in a wide circle with a long rectangle as a base. :)

Link: How to Slip Knot and Basic Crochet

1. Start with a slip knot.
  2. Crochet a basic chain stitch about 4 inches across.
  3. Make a single crochet at the end and begin your next line of stitches. In the video, it is at the 1:30 mark.
  4. Keep going around and around. It will curl into itself in the shape of the bag. Keep going around until it's about 5 inches tall.
  5. Once it's at about 5 inches (or whatever height you desire) make a knot at the top of one side. This is where you will start stitching a basic chain across to use as a handle.
  6. Stitch about 12 inches of chain.
  7. Hook the end of the chain into the exact other side. Knot into place. Snip excess twine.
  8. Throw in your soap and hang it in the shower.

This is a great idea! I love crochet and always save my soap slivers!! Putting this on my to try list!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

YAY!!! I love that I get an okay as I'm a newbie with this! You're welcome! x

Crafts Crochet PatternsApril 13, 2020
🐛
👒
🌻
Generated 2021-04-11 10:08:46 in 946 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crocheted-Exfoliating-Soap-Sack.html