Crocheted Pouch with Lanyard for Crafting Supplies

I am always walking around needing something, a pen, scissors, crochet hook, etc. So last week I designed a lanyard to keep them with me on days when I have multiple projects and I "flit" between them all. You know those days, huh?

So, let's get started!

Total Time: 4 hours

Yield: 1

1. I mix thread with yarn so it doesn't stretch, or stretch as much anyway. So, I decided to make the front white with blue thread so I could always find the front. As an almost last minute idea, it's 2 rows shorter for ease of use.
  2. I mixed the blue yarn and yellow thread and chained 19. When you are working with a single crochet with no spaces in between, you always need to chain your desired length and then add one.
  3. To determine how many rows to do, measure the hook, pen, and especially the scissors. You want enough of them to stick up that you can easily grab them. Foe me, it was 14.
  4. For the two curved shapes, I turned and crocheted back 3, then turned and decreased by 1 for the next two rows. I broke off the tails and worked them in. I had to do the other by adding on the hook and making it the same way.
  5. When you do the math, you will have two of these on the outer 3 stitches, and that should leave you 12 in the middle. This leaves 3 from the rounded space toward the center, and you can mark them with yarn if you want. Now you are ready to make the pointed shape.
  6. Advertisement

7. It's just a chain 2, with a single crochet in the first chain. Chain 1 and repeat that pattern, till you have made 6 rows. Leave a 12" tail for sewing. The point will be sewn onto the center of the work, where you have counted 3 from both sides of the top. Your 12 in the middle now becomes the six in the center when you will sew on the point.
  8. Your back is ready. Work in all the tails, making sure the work you leave nice and that will show, is the even rows, not the odd. Now you will make the front exactly the same, but just 2 rows shorter.
  9. When you are done with the front one, you are ready to join them. Make sure the rounded and pointed parts measure up. It's not too late to fix any errors. And trust me, when I designed this, there were a lot of "redos".
  10. Advertisement

11. I just used the thread to sew on the outside, as it was less bulky. And, I used a running stitch, as I am not a fan of the whip stitch. That is up to you.
  12. Once the outside is done, I ran a seam up the side for the pen and the hook. I keep the pen "ink end up" so if it leaks, it might not do any damage. But again, that's just me. Then it was time for the lanyard part. Choose your yarn color and hook up to one of the sides, chain the desired length and making sure it isn't twisted, join it to the other side. Then I slip stitched back to the other side. Working in the tails it's all done! Fill and N-JOY!!

Crafts Crochet IdeasDecember 2, 2019
🎉
🎄

Generated 2019-12-08 13:23:37 in 849 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

IdeasCrochet