Custard Filling and Frosting Recipe
May 26, 2017
When I was a student, I used to cook this and form them into balls to sell in school. Now I'm glad that I am able to use the same recipe again as cake filling and frosting.
- 1 can (300ml) condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- Mix egg and milk in a saucepan.
- Stir until well combined then scald over medium heat.
- Stir from time to time until it simmers. When bubbles come out stir continuously and adjust to lower heat. Do not stop stirring as the milk overcooks easily.
- When the mixture is thick or sticky enough you can now remove it from heat.
- Let cool and chill for 15-20 minutes. This way the frosting will get a little firmer texture and will not easily drip off when you spread over the cake.
- Cut your cake into half and fill the middle with the custard. Spread the rest of the frosting on the top layer.
May 28, 20171 found this helpful
This looks good! Please tell me how you made this into balls to sell at school?!?! This idea has me intrigued!
Read More Comments
May 29, 20170 found this helpful
Just continue to cook and stir until it becomes very sticky but be careful not to overcook because it hardens too fast. Let it cool and form into balls.. you'll achieve the custard candy balls
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.