Custard Filling and Frosting Recipe
May 26, 2017
When I was a student, I used to cook this and form them into balls to sell in school. Now I'm glad that I am able to use the same recipe again as cake filling and frosting.
- 1 can (300ml) condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- Mix egg and milk in a saucepan.
- Stir until well combined then scald over medium heat.
- Stir from time to time until it simmers. When bubbles come out stir continuously and adjust to lower heat. Do not stop stirring as the milk overcooks easily.
- When the mixture is thick or sticky enough you can now remove it from heat.
- Let cool and chill for 15-20 minutes. This way the frosting will get a little firmer texture and will not easily drip off when you spread over the cake.
- Cut your cake into half and fill the middle with the custard. Spread the rest of the frosting on the top layer.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.