DIY Hanging Envelope Planter
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
April 29, 2019
With just a few garden supplies, you can make this cute hanging envelope planter. Fill this planter with some plant cuttings and it will look nice in your yard! It is the perfect planter to make if you are limited on space in your yard and this planter will not cost much if you have most of the supplies already like I did!
Tip: The coco basket liner was purchased from Dollar Tree for $1.
Total Time: 1 hour
- chicken wire
- coco basket liner
- sphagnum moss
- Cut your chicken wire into a square.
- Fold chicken wire into the shape of an envelope. All 3 corners into the center.
- Using your pliers, securely tie all loose ends to keep the envelope shape.
- Cut off top flap.
- Cut coco basket liner to fit into your planter.
- Fit coco liner inside and create a pocket.
- Trim excess off of the coco liner so you can see the envelope shape.
- Hydrate the moss and put it in the planter.
- Fill with some soil.
- Arrange plant cuttings in the position you'd like (requires a little bit of trial and error, but is the most fun part of this DIY).
- You'll need a nail in the wall/fence and then ready to hang!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.